Wednesday, January 2, 2019

2018 Publishing Goal Complete

I left it to the last minute, but I finished. 6 books published in the year 2018. Two guidebooks, three Hike with Me books and one blog compilation/reflection book. I'm up to 8 Hike with Me books now, though one of them is very short since I split the two Idaho Centennial Trail trips into separate books rather than make one larger one.

I haven't written much fiction this year, and that's something that I'm going to look at getting back into in 2019. I should only be doing one Hike with Me book this year, on the next section of the ICT through the Frank Church Wilderness. That's going to be an interesting book since it will be around a 10 day trip. It will be big, for sure.

It's been a long while since I tried to sell any fiction. I was getting closer on the last submission with some personal rejections, but I stopped writing fiction. Part of it was the focus on writing all of the nonfiction, but I also felt frustrated with my stories.

This year's goal will be to write one piece of fiction per month for the year. If it's something that can fit a short story market, then I'll submit it. If it's not, then I'll either publish it on my blog or on Amazon. 12 works of fiction. That's an extremely achievable goal, so I'll try to complete it as quickly as I can and when I finish, I'll start another goal.

I know I can write over 1000 words a day when I get my butt in the chair. I did that to finish my write ups for the Hike with Me books this year, and I know I can do it. There's just still this fear and hesitation when I write fiction instead of the account of something that happened.

2019 will be the year of Butt in Chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment